research for idea of documentary title name

Personally, I think the titles name is important as it's your audience’s first impression of what your screenplay is going to be about. Every movie needs a title. The title you pick can set the tone for your screenplay and give people a reason to see (or avoid) it. A good title hints at what the movie is about and makes you want to see it. 


I was struggling to come up with the title for my 5minute extract of the documentary. I did some research and found many useful websites and also youtube video. After I read How To Choose A Title For Your Documentary, The Importance of Titles and also the Youtube video below.



I decided to do a brainstorm and start writing every possible title I can think of on the paper. I also set myself a question like, 

  • “What is the essence of what I'm trying to say in this documentary?” 
  • "Are there any symbolic words that represent the subject matter?” 
  • "Is there a quote or part of a quote from one of my interviews that would work as a title?”


I have chosen and circled the top 5 titles that I like, however, I'm still unsure as to which one to pick. 

To solve this problem I am going to ask other people which title is their favourite and why, and if they saw this title on the television if they would watch the documentary. 


The title that was chosen is " Educational Disruption"

Comments